Located in the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains, House of Havisham is a home-based business in Leura that provides workshops for women involving storytelling, arts & crafts.
Our primary aim is to foster supportive relationships and community building in a relaxed and nurturing environment. We provide bonding and friendship through the love of books and stories, and encourage personal exploration, creative expression and self awareness using arts and crafts.
- Age Groups: These workshops are strictly for adults only. As much as we like children, there will be no provision of child-minding or supervision so please do NOT bring them along.
- Group Size: Group size must be a minimum of four participants to go ahead and a maximum of 8. In the event of your chosen session not filling to the minimum capacity, you will be contacted to see if any other available sessions would suit you.
- Pricing: All 3 hour workshops are $50 per person and full day workshops are $100 per person. All prices quoted include materials used in the workshop and light refreshments.
- Deposits: All bookings require a minimum of 50% deposit. This secures your place for your chosen date and time. Deposits must be paid within 3 days of workshop start date. In the event of a workshop being cancelled, deposits are fully refundable or transferable to a different session. Balance of payment must be received before the commencement of the workshop.
- Non-attendance: In the event that a person has booked and paid for a workshop but does not attend, the 50% deposit will be retained as a cancellation fee. This is because materials have already been purchased on the customers behalf and others may have been turned away due to class size limits.
- Cancellations: Deposits will not be refunded if cancellations are made. They are however transferable to future workshops provided at least 3 days notice is given.
- Refund policy: No refunds are available after the workshop has been run.
No artistic experience is required. In fact, we strongly encourage beginners to come along and try something new.
Sessions include stories related to the current theme, journaling exercises and a practical art / craft project of your choosing.
We supply a variety of materials to use, including paint, crayons, pencils, clay and collage materials. You choose whichever medium feels right for you to express your thoughts and feelings on the day.